The Evolution of Joe Biden
Fun facts about Joe Biden:
- He grew up with a terrible stutter, and reading from a teleprompter still causes it to appear. This is why Biden so often speaks off the cuff.
- His entire Congressional career, he never lived in Washington. Every day he took a 90 minute Amtrak ride home so his two sons could have stability in their lives.
- He was widowed the same year he was elected to Congress, and was a single father to his sons for years.
- His wife Jill is the first Second Lady to keep her job while in office. She’s an English professor.
- In 2011, Joe Biden looked Vladimir Putin in the eye and told him, “I’m looking you in the eyes, and I don’t think you have a soul.” “We understand eachother,” Putin replied.
- Biden is a foreign policy expert, and has written several academic papers on the subject.
- Biden is also responsible for the 1994 Violence Against Women Act.
- Biden is such a close-talker that he will often bump his forehead lightly against the face of the person’s he’s talking to.
- When tapped for the Vice Presidency, Biden initially declined. His wife convinced him to reconsider. She was also the one to chide him into running in the first place.
- Biden is an outspoken defender of the rights of trans* people; he calls the fight for trans* rights “the civil rights issue of our time”.